Friday, May 11, 2007

My favourite childhood memories...

If there's one thing i could wish for...it would be to go back to my childhood..i know its not possible but dats what is called wishful thinking..so dats y whenever i'm gettin bored or feeling down i recollect my childhood days when the world was a lot simpler and nice..as a child u r not aware of all the bad things happening in the world around us..that innocence was something one can never get back..but it can be cherished nonetheless...i still try to preserve the inner child in me..whether i'm succesful in doing that or not...only time will tell..
So today i thought i would write about some of my favourite childhood memories..there are many...but this was like a fantasy...
I was 8 years old when i came to hyderabad from faridabad..we stayed in hyderabad for a year and then went stay in the factory quarters where my dad used to work as the General Manager..the factory was situated in the outskirts of hyderabad..somewhere on the banglore highway...i remember the first time we came there..we were in a van...it had taken us almost 2 hours to reach there and i was sleeping on my grandma's lap in the van..she gently woke me up when we arrived...i saw out of the window and i remember seeing numerous eucalyptus trees..i felt as though i had arrived in a forest..then we got down near the quarters..there was huge ground in front of the quarters..surrounded by huge eucalyptus and ashoka trees..it looked as if those trees were protecting us from the world outside...i was amazed..just then my brother started crying..i dont remember why..Then we entered our quarters by this time all the other residents staying in the adjacent quarters had come to greet us..i felt like a royalty dat day..coz my dad was the seniormost officer in the factory and had singlehandedly managed to bring in some profits...so obviously everyone was going out of their way to be friendly with us.....
I would like to stop now coz its bringing too many memories and my eyes are getting watery...that factory no longer exists today...in its place lies an open wasteland...everything was demolished...but it will always remain in my heart...and when i'm ready i'll write about some of the wonderful experinces i had there...it truly was the best phase of my life and also the most defining..i discovered myself there...

No comments: