Monday, March 5, 2007

"Holi"day!!! Part 1

My day began at 7:30 in the morning yesterday...quite early for a sunday...but my friend wont let me sleep anymore...so she keeps on callin me on my cell till i'm totally awake..she knows i wont get up that easily so she calls me around 5 times...and ultimately i had to give in n get up...i really want to go back to bed but then i realise that if i'm late she'll kill me...afterall it was our first holi together...
Now began a real challenge for me...i had to search some old clothes that i was willing to expose to the colours of holi, for they would be destroyed forever(i know i'm over reacting here but still) It wasn't easy, i had to search a lot and with a heavy heart i selected an old dress of mine which had faded from white to dull grey....Now just as how a soldier prepares for battle i had to prepare for holi...firstly i had to apply enormous amount of oil to my hair, reluctantly i applied some to my face also, then i applied some to my arms also...now that my transformation was complete,i saw myself in the mirror, i looked pathetic...oily, slimy with a horrible grey dress....yuck! i was already regretting my decision to play holi.... but i knew it was too late..so i started waiting for my friend with whom i was to go to the place where we would play holi....she arrived half an hour later looking equally ghastly....we both decided not to talk about our attires as it was embarassing...i could tell she wasn't keen on playing holi either but like i said we had no choice....so silently we both embarked on our journey to that god forsaken place where we would be playing holi...we were quite a sight on the road,everybody simply stared..finally we found an auto and quickly got in...we were both grumbling to each other that it was a bad idea....
Finally we arrived at our destination-it was my friend's place who had called me in the morning...we both started toward her apartment with great care examining every step of the way...we were as alert as cats, moving gingerly towards the door...then suddenly we heard a scream....

No comments: