Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random Rumblings- Unpublished Musings.

"Saas gaari deve, devarji samjhaa leve, sasural genda phool"
Presently that's the song playing in the background as I write. It beautifully captures the earthy and rustic tones along with those apt hip hop beats, rendering distinctively unique. Rehman is a genius and I've set the alarm for 6 am tomorrow (Mom's the back up alarm). Anyone missing out his live performance at the Oscars should seriously consider killing themselves. Jai ho!

I was looking at those various posts of mine which never saw the light of the day, meaning never got published. There is a wide variety actually, most of them unfinished. There is one on Woman's Day where I had written about a quote I read somewhere, "Feminism is a radical notion that women are people." It makes me chuckle every time I think about it.

Anyway, moving on as the title of this post gives me the liberty to flip in and out of topics as easily as Aamir Khan's ever changing hair styles.
Another post is about a short story I wrote about an old woman in an old age home. This is not unfinished but maybe I'm not confident to publish it. So I shall leave it at that.

Then there is post titled 'Youngistan' where I tried to decipher what that term means to the youth of our country. Very potent subject for a blog but alas remained unfinished. I'll take it up someday again.

"Chocolate Chuckles" was a post about my friend's birthday celebrations. I got bored writing midway and left it unfinished like many others. Now when I read it again I don't remember what we did after lunch that day. I wrote too many unnecessary things. I can be a very boring writer at times.

There is this untitled post where I attempted to put my general thought process into words. Failed miserably. Some things are better left shrouded in mystery.

Another untitled post where I wrote about a song I was humming that day- Karma Chameleon. Some songs simply get stuck in your head.

I had written a post on the nuclear deal getting cleared on the floor of the parliament. I was just really excited about the whole thing, watching it live that day added to the euphoria. I just lost the inclination to write after just some 5 lines.

There an untitled post where I began writing about the weird idiosyncrasies of people at social gatherings. I had attended some engagement ceremony and I was quite amused observing different people and their odd quirks. I don't recall why it remained unfinished.

There is another post which was the manifestation of an extremely bored state of mind. I actually came up with a fantastical predicament that the entire Universe had conspired against me not going to college that day. I had imaginatively put up many random coincidences like my mom not waking me up on time, the scooty not starting etc etc to Divine Providence. I just did not want to go to college that day and my prayers were answered. Period.

There is an untitled post where I wrote about various shapes of clouds. Now I don't know what I wanted to write about. Its frustrating.

I have another short story in the offing. I think about it whenever possible but I'm hard pressed for time these days. Blogging is a luxury I can't indulge in too often.

Well, I think I'll end it here lest it gets too boring and my attention gets diverted by some thing else again. This post shall get published. Haha

4 comments:

The Illuminator said...

I want to read all those posts from the fourth last to the second last, seem particularly interesting.

Labyrinthine said...

You should post them you nitwit!!..And I am enchanted by rehman's performance today...I had goose flesh!Jai Ho!!:D

spideyyan said...

thats what you are!!

a 'bloody' dictionary!!!

full of hard words!!!


I'm never reading another blog of urs!!




Pilla Pilla, Oh Pilla, Naa Andala Cindrella......
Nee Valla, rasgulla, Ee Masth Masth (ran)gola....

(man, I can even understand tat telugu lyric.....)

spideyyan said...

I'll meet you after joining Harvard!......


bloody dictionary!

:'(