Sunday, September 23, 2007

Part 2

Hmmm...so where was i?....ya..the day when we finally gave our names for the tour..i think dat day was thursday and we were to leave on monday..n by this time the lectures abt what to do n what not to do on such tours had begun at home...i had to constantly remind my mom dat i am not a lil kid..but no..she wouldn't listen or maybe she din want to..result being i was told not to trust any strangers...i shouldn't eat anything they offer!!(as if i were some exotic monkey in a zoo!!! dat reminds me its been ages since i last visited a zoo...hmm..should make a mental note of it...) oh god!! it was annoying!! my mom went on n on...but i know it was for my own good..so i dint interrupt her much whenever she started off her tour trivia...i had to just grin n bear it..
The next 3 days went by painfully slow..i guess it was my anticipation for monday dat made those three days look like slow motion..meanwhile on saturday a few of my friends and i went on a peace rally for the victims of the blast..it was very tiring but we felt good abt it..then the next day sunday went away in a blur..i dont remember much..then finally came monday!!!!the day i was waiting for all my life!!(plaese excuse the exagerration..hehe..but dats how i felt at point of time)
I couldn't sleep the whole of previous night..so i woke up late dat mrng..i still couldn't believe it..we were actually going!! my friends and i purposely dint speak abt it much since thursday coz we thought talkin abt the tour is jinxed..i dunno how people come up with such weird superstitions..blame it on the human nature..but my imagination was on a overdrive..i was tryin to put on a facade of being calm n cool abt it but in reality i was all hyper n edgy inside..it was the same case with all my friends...Man!! was it exciting!!!..
My train was at 7 in the evening n we were supposed to be at the station at 6..i being the laziest person alive,started my packing at 4 much to the shock of my friends who were ready to leave for the station at any given instant..i wouldn't have been surprised if they did..hehe..i think i was online the whole time dat day..yeah..tellin everyone dat i was goin on a tour!! i was behaving like an idiot..meanwhile we were constantly smssing each other askin what snacks the other person was bringing to eat..my friends and i HUGE foodies...food is VERY important to us..so this ofcourse was very crucial..ultimately it was decided dat everyone had to bring some tid bits to munch on..2 of my friends took up the responsibility of gettin the dinner..so this major problem was solved at last..
My packing was another adventure in itself...my tour was for 5 days and i packed for a month instead..oh god my bag was SO heavy!!! I dint realise dat till i reached the station..both my dad and bro had come to see me off..my mom dint want to come citing emotional reasons..n i let her be...
The moment i reached the station i spotted my friend who had come with her cousin..the shock i got when i saw her bag was unbelievable..her bag was tiny in front of mine!! then i found my other friend who had come with both her parents..At this time i dunno wat happened but i just started laughin lookin at her..no she was not lookin funny or anythin...but i dunno sometimes i just start laughin..she too started laughin lookin at my bag..teasing me abt it..slowly all my friends started comin with their army of family members..i was missin my mom already..during all this i was constantly gettin calls frm my other friends wishin me happy journey...but i was more than happy..time was 6:45 and my friend prathibha was yet to come..we were gettin all tensed now..my dad asked me n the others to get into the train as it was gettin late.. my bro purposely made me carry my bag to show me how heavy it was.. i had to carry it all over the foot over bridge n dats wen i realised dat i had indeed packed a lil too much..
we started gettin worried coz there was no sight of prathibha..then all of a sudden we spotted her runnin like crazy on the other platform with her mom and aunts..it was such a funny sight!! we were relieved..and i massaging my completely red palm..thanx to my bag..my bro had a nice laugh..he had to take the bag midway through the footover bridge lookin at my expressions..and i was cursing my self for packin so much..
Finally we entered the train...

No comments: