Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"Holi"day Part 3

When i said that the entire trouble begins,believe me it was an understatement....
First of all the auto in which we were travelling had a flat tyre in the middle of the road! i thought he was just joking...but when he really asked us to get another auto i knew my troubles had only began...Think about it..two girls in horrible clothes(beggers were looking more glamourous that day!) and obscenely pink....do u think we could autos easily....nah!!!....it was a struggle....absolutely nobody wanted to even bother to look at us...Finally after atleast 45 minutes in the blazing hot sun we finally managed to get an auto and that driver even charged us extra claiming that we had spoiled his seat covers....it wasn't true, afterall standing for so long in the sun one could be damn sure that we were plastic dry!! But we had no choice and had to part with the money...
I was standing in front of my apartment wondering whether my mom would recognise me....finally mustering all the courage i could,i rang the bell...my brother opened the door...i can never forget the look on his face for i had finally managed to scare the living daylights out of him!! My mom simply shrieked and went hysterical when she saw me..she started mumbling something about not letting me play holi again...i didn't bother to listen coz i was too tired and too fed up to hear my mom's scoldings...
Finally when she was satisfied that she had let her all her feelings out, she put on the geysor for me...all the while i had been pretending to listen to her..but i never knew that my ordeals had just began...
I went into bathroom completely confident that i would be back to my normal self in no time...but i was in for a rude shock..no matter for how long i took my bath(precisely 2 hrs n 15 min) the pink colour refused to go...i had finally met my match in the pink colour for it was more stubborn than i was..i gave up for that day.. later when i came out dressed in my night suit,i was still pink..my brother simply loved the way i looked..he started calling me "PINK PANTHER" i for once agreed with him b'coz i truly was looking like pink panther and we both started humming that pink panther tune much to the amusemant of my mom who joined us...
Its been more than a week now and i'm back to my normal self but i cant forget how i spent each day last week wondering whether i would ever look like a normal human being again... But to be honest i miss being the pink panther....hmmm...looks like holi is a fun festival afterall...

No comments: